Friday, June 18, 2010

About Us


The two of us met on August 8, 2009 on a blind date. Cassidy's cousin Heather works with me and set us up. Cassidy loves baseball so we went to a Salt Lake Bees game. At the end of the game we had talked so much that Cassidy didn't even know the game was over (it probably helped that the Bees were losing terribly so the game wasn't that exciting to watch). When he dropped me off at home right after the game I thought I would never see Cassidy again because he told me to call him and it was not in my character to call and ask boys out. However a couple of weeks later after we had both been on vacation Cassidy called and asked me if I wanted to go jet skiing with him and another cousin. We went and even though I was disgusting because I had just run a half marathon and did not have time to shower in between. After that we went shooting the next weekend where again I made myself look like an idiot because I decided not to wear the ear protection and went deaf. Cassidy had to yell at me for the rest of the date. The next weekend we went hiking after I had run a marathon relay so again I was gross. Why did Cassidy hang around? Next was Cassidy's birthday so I brought him pie after minimal freaking out. That weekend we went to the Deirks Bentley and Brad Paisley concert where Cassidy finally held my hand. After that we were pretty much inseparable. I would drive down to Orem after work because I was living in Salt Lake at the time. Our first kiss was my first kiss and I made a terrible fool of myself yet again when I blurted out that I had never kissed a boy before as he was pulling away. But in the end Cassidy found my sweat and embarrassment charming and he surprised me by driving to Elko the day after Christmas and proposing. It was very romantic. He showed up with a big bouquet of flowers and then we went for a drive on a dirt road before he got out of the car and down on one knee in the snow. Of course I said yes and hopefully from the title of the blog you know the rest. Here are some pictures from when we were dating.

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you shared that story. I'm sad I missed your wedding and I hope to meet Cassidy soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great story Randi! It was fun to read how you guys met! =) Can't wait for more updates!

    ReplyDelete