Every year I make Cass do a gingerbread house with me. The last two years we haven't had gingerbread (because I don't actually know how to make it I just beg my dad and we haven't been to Elko for Thanksgiving- hence no gingerbread) so we have made do with graham crackers because I refuse to buy one of those pre made kits. We were a little late this year getting it made because of finals and family things going on, but here is what we came up with this year.
Hard at work. I think Cass really does enjoy this activity even if he doesn't openly admit it :)
The finished product. I hope it makes you all think Mele Kalikimaka.
And then just because this has become my way to keep track of our family history here are some pictures of our Christmas decorations.
It can't be Christmas without a chocolate nativity. Thanks dad for getting me the mold so that I can make my own every year.
Our tree with the lights on and off. Look at all those presents. Too bad none are for us.
Before Cassidy's grandma died she had knitted everyone in the family matching stockings. Sherrie found a lady to knit similar ones for those of us who have joined the family since the stockings were made. Here are ours. Even baby Alden has one already I am so excited to see his name up on our wall everyday. He is due exactly one month from today :)
We hope everyone else is getting in to the Christmas spirit, but also taking time to remember why we celebrate this special time of the year.
Cool house! Cool Nativity. Cool stockings!
ReplyDeleteWell, little Alden and Benson ought to be great friends since their birthdays will be almost exactly a year apart:) Shoot for the 15th and it will be exact! I'm so excited for you and excited to see baby Alden, love the stockings by the way!
ReplyDeleteI didn't know you'd decided on a name! How cute!
ReplyDelete