Friday, December 28, 2012

Building Up To Christmas

December turned out to be a pretty crazy month for our little family, but don't worry we did find time to sqeeze in a couple of fun Christmas activities. One of my favorite that we were able to do twice this year is going to see the light on Temple Square.  It is beautiful and with all of the nativities and the Temple in the background it always helps me remember and refocus on why we have this holiday.  The birth of our Saviour truly is a miraculous event to be celebrated.
The first time we went it was us and Aunt LaWayne and it was a perfect night. About 40 and no snow.  Alden loved the lights until he fell asleep and if you can't tell from the pictures below Aunt LaWayne loved Alden :)

Family Shot!
About a week later we got to go again with my cousins Wes and Ashurity and their kids.  That night it was snowing and cold so we didn't stay as long, but it was still beautiful. 

This was Alden's first time to be outside while snow is falling from the sky and it was so funny to watchi him try to catch snowflakes in his mouth.  He was a pretty good kid despite the cold.
I love how happy he is in this picture.
Cass' family has a Taylor family Christmas party every December and this year it was at a trampoline park.  It was a lot of fun.  They had this trapeze for lack of a better word that you climed up to and then swung out and dropped in to a giant pit of foam blocks.  Not sure why I decided to squat while I was going, but oh well.
Jason and Sam came down for the party too. 
Sam loved the little area they had for kids.  She climbed all over in the foam pit.  Alden on the other hand cried almost every time we put him in there.  I love watching the little cousins interact with each other.  They are very close in age, but very different.
Alden and I hung out on the kids trampoline a lot.  He loved bouncing.
And finally, Cass agreed to go with me to the Festival of Trees this year.  I have been wanting to go for years now and we never make it.  There were some pretty amazing trees on display as well as some gingerbread houses.  I love that Cass picked the outhouse gingerbread house out of all of the pictures we took there. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment