Saturday, April 4, 2015

Welcome Gracie Clair

This post is kind of late and the pictures aren't in perfect order, but oh well at least it is written.  Our family grew by one baby girl on February 28, 2015.  Gracie Clair joined us a week earlier than planned and we couldn't be happier to have her here.  We were originally scheduled to have a c-section on March 5.  On the night of February 25-26 I was up all night with a lot of pain and having never experienced labor I didn't know what was going on  so in the morning we went to the hospital jus to have things checked. Everything was fine and I hadn't progressed any farther than I had been at my appointment the week before.  What had changed was how excited we were to have a baby so we decided to ask the doctor at my appointment the next day if we could move up her delivery. This was a Friday and the only day we could do it was Saturday so Cass wouldn't miss too much work. I didn't 
didn't expect them to say yes so I went in to a little bit of a panic attack after the appointment when they said we could have a baby in less than 24 hours. We arrived at the hospital about 6am on Saturday and after prep and some wait on the doctors I walked to the operating room at 8:30am. Gracie Clair was born at 8:58am. Apparently she was not told about the earlier delivery date, because she did not want to come out and the doctors had to do a lot of pushing to keep her from going back in by my ribs.  Here are some pictures from her first moments of life outside the womb.
 We were shocked and in love with all of her hair.
Meeting mom for the first time.

Meeting big brother for the first time. He was really excited to hold her for about 10 seconds and then he was done. He has been really great with her though and adjusted well to her presence.
Here he is sharing his prized blanket with her.  We didn't even ask him too.


First family picture as a family of 4.
I love how alert she is when she is awake and how crazy her hair can be.
Time to go home. The nurse who discharged us is a friend and was so excited to pick out the double bow for her. It was so nice to have a friend get us ready to go home.
When we got home Alden was so excited to play with Gracie that he was super disappointed that she can't grab anything with her hands or sit up. He settled with reading her some books.
First headband
Just chillin' during tummy time. I love that little girl clothes have ruffles on their bottoms.
In this picture she is exactly one week old and totally adorable.  All of the above pictures are from her first week of life. We love this little girl and even though she has only been with us a short time it is hard to imagine life without her now.

1 comment:

  1. She does have some great hair. :) That girl is a cutie! I want her to meet our little one this summer.

    ReplyDelete