Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween and More

Here are some pictures from our Halloween celebration this year. It wasn't anything very big, but we had a good time spending the day together (with two full time jobs and full time school this is a rare occurrence). After carving our pumpkin we watched the World Series and ate pizza. What could be better?

The master at work, look at the concentration on that face.


I let Cass chose between a spider and Mickey Mouse for our pumpkin. I was pretty surprised that he picked Mickey, but I think that it turned out so cute.

Our neighborhood put on a trunk or treat in the col-de-sac across the street from out apartment. the flier said bring a wagon or wheel barrow to set up your spot and there would be hot dogs and hot chocolate. We were pretty excited and borrowed a wagon and everything. About half an hour before it was to start the skies opened up and began to POUR rain. We are talking a lot of rain. We didn't have an umbrella big enough or kids that really wanted to go so we stayed home, but this is what everything looked like all ready to go. Hopefully next year the weather will cooperate because now we just have a big bowl of candy for the two of us to eat (and we are doing a good job at it).

Earlier that day (we celebrated on Saturday because it is Utah and with all of the mormons...) our friends Mike and Sarah got married in the Mount Timpanogos LDS Temple. Our camera was dead so this is the only picture I got, but it was a really nice ceremony and we are so happy for them even if we all look like midgets next to Cassidy :)

And finally, I decided a while ago that I wanted to learn how to make my own bread. My friend Angela gave my a recipe for only 2 loaves that was pretty easy. I made my own bread for the first time last week and loved it! It tasted so good hot out of the oven and of course made our apartment smell fantastic! I can't wait to do it again.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the pumpkin! And your bread looks great! I use my mom's recipe, but I have to reduce it A LOT cause I only have two bread pans :)

    ReplyDelete