Wednesday, November 3, 2010

My New Fashion Accessory

During my time off from work to get married they measured everyone for stab vests. About a month ago the officer's vests arrived and the therapist heard nothing, but complaining about how uncomfortable and hot they were. We lived in fear for about a week wondering when ours would show up and we would be doomed to the same fate. Well after one and then two we started to think that we were forgotten and no one was willing to speak up. Yesterday morning in staff meeting our luck ran out and each of us was given one of these. It is not as hot and uncomfortable as I thought it would be, but it definitely makes you look about 20 pounds heavier :) Anyway keep your fingers crossed because I don't think this will really do much good if anyone ever really tried to stab me. Still everyday I am amazed that I have ended up at a place where stab vests are part of the uniform.


4 comments:

  1. Sweet! I can't believe you have to wear a stab vest either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you just wear it every day? Just part of the typical outfit for the day? Weird! What if they stab you somewhere else, doesn't seem to cover much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shawna, Yep I wear it everyday as just part of my clothes. They haven't told us if we have to wear it under our clothes or not so I fudge a little wear it on top so I can take it off when I am at my desk. And you're right it doesn't cover a lot. Really I think it is intended to make us look ridiculous so we appear weaker and the challenge is gone. It does however protect my vital organs (heart and lungs).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crazy! I'd say you look just like the ones on T.V. but your smile is too cute. :)

    ReplyDelete