I love to make gingerbread houses every year for Christmas. Normally I go home for Thanksgiving and during the weekend my dad makes some gingerbread, cuts it into the pieces, I bring it back to Utah, and we make homemade gingerbread houses. If you read the previous post you already know this was no ordinary Thanksgiving so this year Cass and I made our house out of graham crackers. The finally product was a school for Santas. We think it is pretty cute and impressive that it is all held together by frosting alone, none of that hot glue that Cassidy's parents use :)

Us with the final product. Notice how festive we are in red and green.

A work in progress. Love the cheesy smile :)

This is the only part of the house that is not edible, but we couldn't figure out how else to write the school name on it.

Experiencing some difficulties while decorating the school. We think it is funny and not really noticeable in the other pictures because it is on the side of the house.

From another angle. Pay attention to the detail. Cassidy even wrote numbers on our clock.

Who will win the tug of war?
And in a few weeks this is what will become of the house. A yummy snack :)
I love it! So original... great job guys!!
ReplyDeleteVery cute!
ReplyDeleteAre those palm trees? Where is the Santa School? :)
ReplyDeleteThey are palm trees. I am thinking it is in a very secluded part of the north pole that is able to grow tropical plants, but still stay cool enough to make it comfortable to wear the very warm Santa Suit. Studies are still being done to see how this is possible. Love you Leeann.
ReplyDeleteFirst of all don't dis the hot glue:) That is what we do too and Ryan always makes fun! I am so impressed actually and I love it. I did notice the palm trees again, a repeat from last year I think:) We are making ours this weekend, so excited! Great job and love the pictures!
ReplyDelete