Sunday, May 25, 2014

Corrections Week 2014


Every May one week is set aside as corrections week. This means at work we get a few extra activities for the week to say thanks for all we do. I enjoyed several free Barbeque lunches and a couple free breakfasts, as well as family night, and the 5 mile Torch Run for special Olympics. Family night is just what is sounds like you bring your family and enjoy some activities.  

Alden loved the bicycle rodeo even though he did in this stylish red coupe.

 There were a few carnival games, a jail cell to check out, make your license plates, and popcorn.
 Plus a SWAT dog demonstration. 

 Alden loved this room with balloons and hula hoops to dance and exercise with. He also got a balloon animal here.
 He also waited very patiently to try the laser shoot game.


We had a fun time and are grateful to have a job that allows flexible hours and supports family.
I also have to post a picture from the Torch run. I know I look ridiculous when I run, but here is my boss and I crossing the finish line after 5 miles carrying the Eagle award that our program won for the quarter. It was a fun way to start the day and I am grateful I was able to convince so many of my coworkers to come run with us.


No comments:

Post a Comment