For mom group we went on a tour of the local fire station. The firemen did a great job of tailoring the tour to little kids and I think we all really enjoyed it. Plus we were lucky enough to have Jamie's family in town to join us.
When we first got there they were just headed out on a paramedic call so went to the park next door to play until they came back.
| Everyone loved the tire swing |
Here are the boys admiring the jaws of life. I think one day they might be upset that they didn't realize how cool this was at the time.
| Some of the group |
This is one of the things I was talking about when I said the firemen were awesome. They showed the kids how to put on their suits and then talked about how this is like a Halloween costume so we shouldn't be scared of firemen. They talked about if you see a man that looks like this in your house you should run up and give him a high five so that he can help get you out. Then they had each of the kids practice giving him a high five so they won't be scared if it ever happens.
They also let all of the kids play with the bell on the front of the truck
And any of the kids that wanted to could hold on of the fire hoses
Of course we had to find the fire pole.
The kids had a great time and I think the adults did too. Thanks Pleasant Grove Fire Department for being awesome.
No comments:
Post a Comment