In the middle of July long time friends of the Norton family the Johnson's all gave talks before the youngest son and the parents left for missions. For this the Norton and Garcia families came to Utah. While they were here we took them down to BYU to visit the newly remodeled Monte L Bean Museum. It is not a museum about beans at all, but for animals.
| Excited outside |
The museum added a special room to showcase the art work of President Boyd K Packer of the 12 Apostles. Here is a Noah's ark carved and painted.
This is a view from the upstairs showing what you walk in to.
Upstairs is a learning area that shows predators and prey. Jamie felt pretty bad for the moose, but she couldn't save him.
The best picture we were able to get of 3 little boys.
This picture may seem weird, but we were trying to show the size of the elevator. It is huge! Seriously I bet you could fit thirty people in there if not more.
Peacocks in the bird room, so cool.
After a trip to the museum we went to the BYU creamery for ice cream and then I was inspired to make these turtle cupcakes. Hopefully everyone else found fun things to do this summer.
Remember cleaning the Bean? Fun times. You guys are always doing such fun things. I wish I lived closer so we could chat and let our kids play. Maybe one day...
ReplyDelete