Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Ensign Peak

As mentioned earlier, hiking is something that Cass and I love to do as a family.  It is a great time to spend talking to the kids with minimal distractions.  This year we finally made it to Ensign Peak in Salt Lake City.  I have been wanting to do this small hike forever and we finally made it.  Alden is turning out to be a great hiker.  He made it all the way to the top and back down on his own.  I think dad's shoulders are very happy with this accomplishment.  This was a great little hike with spectacular views at the end that I hope to do many more times.
Taking a break on the way up.  Some scouts were nice enough to let us sit down.
Almost to the top.  This was the steepest part of the trail and Alden did amazing to walk it all by himself.
Look we all made it :)

The actual Ensign Peak.  It has a plaque that gives the history of coming up here to survey the valley for settling.  Sadly people make this hike just to vandalize it.
One more family shot just for fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment