Each year for our birthdays Grandma and Grandpa Peterson give the adults $50. This year we decided to use the money to do something together as family that we don't normally do. I love the zoo and even though we have been there quite a few times it is not something that we normally do so that is where we went. It was a pretty hot day, but we still had fun anyway.
There is a playground area at the park that I don't think we have ever played on before so we stopped this time to check it out. I think Alden and Gracie approved.
Each time we go to to the zoo since Cass and I were dating we have taken our picture at the gorilla. It has been fun to watch our family change through the years.
Trying to get a drink fro the lion's mouth. I don't know why the pictures where pretend animals are eating your children are so fun, but they are.
Just hanging out with Simba
Alden was really interested this trip with all of the extra learning things at the animal exhibits. It made the trip different than in the past when we have never paid attention to anything, but the animals. Her he was looking at the elephant bones.
The giraffe exhibit was the best this time. They were feeding the animals so some got pretty close. Here are some attempts of selfies with zebras.
The kids were mesmerized by the sea lions swimming in circles. I
Alden and the porcupines
The polar bear wasn't too exciting, but it was exciting that he was so close to the window.
Chilling on the rope bridge with my favorite girl.
And this last picture is to remind these two kids in the future that there was a time when they liked each other. Alden grabbed Gracie's hand and showed her all around the monkey house it was seriously adorable.
Turns out 31 is hopefully going to be a great year. It has already started off well.
No comments:
Post a Comment