Sunday, June 10, 2012

A Baby Belly

This weekend we took an adventure up American Fork Canyon to Timpanogos Caves. To get to the caves you hike 1.5 miles up 1000 feet and Cass had Alden strapped to the front of him the whole way. Alden did amazing with the hike up the mountain, inside the caves, and the hike down. Cass on the other hand complained of his calfs hurting.


Once in the caves we snuggled Alden into Cassidy's jacket to keep him warm because its about 48 degrees in the caves. He looks like he had fun with only his head showing.


Don't worry he actually was awake for nearly all the tour, he couldn't quite get comfortable enough to get a good nap. He did nap good on the way down because Cassidy was holding his head back the entire hike.


Have to admit it was entertaining with how Cassidy had to contort himself to fit in some small areas, but don't worry both Cassidy and Alden did just fine and no one was hurt.





All three of us had a great time hiking through the beautiful Timpanogos Caves and look forward to doing it again next summer.

Later that Saturday evening the Elders Quorum in our ward had a dutch oven cook off, and Cass was in charge. With tornado type winds we did not have the turn out as we have in years past, but everyone had a good time. Cass ended up taking home two prizes but the over all best dish went to the Elders Quorum President for his Yams.


2 comments:

  1. Fun, Fun. I am sad I never did that while I was still in Utah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys look great! Remind me to tell you about an alien invasion scare I had in the library when I see you. (I know this sounds random but it will make sense later) :)

    ReplyDelete