At our last doctor's appointment for Alden they said he was ready to start eating cereal. We waited a little while before we tried it for the first time just because things were going on I wanted both of us to be there for it. So last Friday was the big day and it went surprisingly really well. Alden picked up the concept of a spoon really fast and he seemed to enjoy the cereal, but as you can see from the first picture below he will eat just about anything :)
Trying out the bib, it tasted pretty good.
Helping with the spoon. He grabbed on so tight and wouldn't let go or let us pull it out of his mouth it was pretty funny.
Part way through. He actually stayed cleaner than I thought he would. Maybe that comes from having a neat freak for a mom :)
This is how much Alden liked cereal. He would eye the spoon when Cass held it down until we gave him the next bite.
All done! This is as messy as we got. There was some on the Bumbo seat too from rubbing his hands all over it, but overall it really wasn't much of a mess.
And here is a video for the grandparents and anyone else who wants to watch :)
We can't believe how fast this kid is growing up. But doesn't he get cuter everyday!
So awesome! I love that we all have blogs so we can keep up with all these babies! They are all going to love reunions, lol. We tried feeding Jake in the bumbo, but I am a neat freak too and I like to have his hands trapped, so we broke out the highchair so I can trap his hands underneath the tray.
ReplyDeleteAs I was scrolling through the pictures I thought, "This needs a video" And then THERE WAS ONE! Thanks.
ReplyDelete